Recently added item(s) ×
You have no items in your shopping basket.
As low as:
Price as configured:
Scroll down or click here to select your product options.
Sign up for price alert
Check items to add to the cart or select all
GoldenTyre offer a complete range of mousses (foam tyre inserts) for all uses and appropriate tyre sizes. GoldenTyre's own information and excellent fitting instructions can be found by clicking the 'Technical Info' tab above.
Choosing the correct tyre and mousse combination can offer dramatic performance improvements to your bike, and alongside correctly adjusted suspension is the most effective upgrade for any off-road bike.
Adventure-Spec can offer advice on the best combination of GoldenTyre tyres and mousses for you and your bike.
Here are a few tips on best practice for using mousses...
1. Always fit rimlocks in the front and rear wheels. Without a rimlock the tyre can easily spin on the rim, leading to poor grip and friction-heat which rapidly damages the mousse. Wheels will be put out of balance with rimlocks, but you can balance the wheel with stick on weights on the rim, or weights wrapped round the spokes. A balanced wheel will not generate wheel hop at high speeds.
2. Correct lubrication of mousses is ESSENTIAL for longevity and performance. Each Goldentyre mousse is supplied with a 50ml tube of lube. Adventure-Spec have found using even more lube can be beneficial (double) and allows longer maintenance intervals and improved durability, particularly if you find yourself needing to do any (slow) asphalt miles. 1kg tubs of Goldentyre lube are available below!
3. Mousses are not road legal. They're designed for off-road competition use only. If you do end up riding on asphalt for any reason and distance, keep speeds moderate (max approx 60mph/100kmh) or your mousses will disintegrate quickly. Adventure riders have used mousses on off-road tours, but this is NOT the norm and unless your tour contains less than a couple of hundred miles of asphalt dont even think about it, heavy duty tubes are much more forgiving.
4. Goldentyre mousses are designed for lighter machines such as enduro bikes and modern single cylinder rally bikes. Running mousses on heavier bikes is not recommended (even Desert mousses).
5. Correct fitting of the mousses is essential to not damaging the tyre, particularly the bead. Full instructions can be found in 'Technical Information' tab above. Adventure-Spec offer a full range of tyre tools, including tyre changing rigs, tyre levers, bead buddies and rim protectors.
6. For most uses choose the mousse that corresponds to your tyre size. Different size mousses can however be used for specific purposes: extreme enduro riders looking for ultimate grip may run a 120 mousse in a 140 tyre to maximise the tyre footprint; riders doing very fast events or riding heavier/more powerful bikes may run a bigger mousse than is designed for the tyre making the tyre firmer, preventing rim damage or the tyre coming off the rim during hard cornering.
GOLDENTYRE OFFICIAL MOUSSE INFORMATION...
Mousse is made up of foam calls containing nitrogen under pressure. Its multi-cellular material replaces the inner tube for use solely in off-road competitions (motocross, enduro races, off-road rallies). It allows you to ride at speeds of to 130km/h. Fitted in a tyre with dimensions corresponding to its cross section, it provides a pressure of around 0.9 bars after fitting on the recommended wheel (cerchio) rim. It prevents punctures due to perforation or impacts on uneven ground.ATTENTION! Motorcycles equipped with Mousse must not be used on public roads.To get a good conservation of mousses is recommended to store them in dry places, away from heat and direct sunlight.MOUSSE HAS A MAXIMUM LIFE SPAN OF 6 MONTHS AFTER UNPACKING.During use, the Mousse gradually loses the characteristics which give it a pressure equivalent to ground 0.9 bars and the rider will notice a progressive loss of stability and precision making it necessary to replace it.Before a high-speed stage, we advise you to warm up the mousse – tyre/cover assembly progressively.The gel delivered in the packaging helps to reduce heating due to friction between Mousse and the inside of the tyre cover. The whole tube of lubricant should spread over the inside of tyre cover, taking care not to put any on the tyre beads which could cause rotation of the cover of the rim. We advise you have the fitting and removal operations performed by a professional tyre dealer.Mousse is designed for use in off-road competitions in strict compliance with the fitting and removal conditions indicated in the instructions attached. Motorcycle equipped with Mousse must not be used on public road. Failure to adhere to these warnings may cause failure of Mousse and damage to the tyre and wheel assembly, which in return could cause an accident, possibly resulting in personal injury to yourself and others, as well as damage to personal property.
We suggest after every race/training that you remove the GT MOUSSE from the tyre and place in the black bag out of direct exposure to the sun or other heat sources. This way, the GT MOUSSE will resume its original shape and the rounded volume. During the summer and/or with temperatures above 30degC you should remove the GT MOUSSE after a maximum of 8 hours use.
Do not use the mousse on roads, don't use the mousse at high speed on asphalt, if you are forced to do kilometres on asphalt, it is strongly advised keep at a low speed and plan several stops to avoid overheating the mousse. Excessive heat can accelerate the process of damage and you can destroy the mousse in A FEW MINUTES!
Use only tyre soap on the assembly phase on the bead, use silicone gel only inside the tyre and on the mousse, if you use silicon gel or other lubricant on the bead the tyre can slip inside the rim.
MAINTENANCE OF THE MOUSSE
The correct maintenance of the GT MOUSSE ensures greater durability of the product.
GoldenTyre, after extensive test carried out with the best riders in the world, decided to use high quality products and designed a mousse that blends with GOLDENTYRE tyres. We recommend you always use a GOLDENTYRE mousse with a GOLDENTYRE tyre, to achieve great performance and durability. The GT MOUSSE is unlike other brands as it has a special compund that prevents it from falling apart, it is immediately ready to give the best performance without any break-in period and is also durable.
The main factor that can deteriorate the GT MOUSSE, was verified as heat. During storage take care to store them in places not exposed to the sun or at least not too hot, ie dont transport mousses on the roof of the van, or leave out in the sun while waiting to fit them. Another factor that can damage the GT MOUSSE is the friction generated by the tyre, proper lubrication with special gel significantly lowers the operating temperature. With high temperatures the GT MOUSSE will absorb the gel and will need to be re-lubed after use.
The 50ml tube of gel, inserted in the packaging of each GT MOUSSE with the instruction manual, is enough for a single tyre/mousse and will cover the first fitting.
The GT MOUSSE when removed from the tyre for maintenance should appear moist and wey, if it is not then is has got too hot and may be damaged.
REMOVAL AND FITTING INSTRUCTIONS
No questions asked yet
Adventure-Spec supply expedition proven products to customers virtually ANYWHERE in the world. We shipped orders to over 80 countries last year!
1: Put the item into your shopping basket using the 'add to basket' symbol.2: Select 'View cart & Checkout'
Once you do that you will see the price of the your items shipped to the UK including UK taxes BUT:
3: Scroll down the page and add your country and postcode/zipcode to the 'Estimate Delivery Cost' system.4: Select 'Get a quote'5: Select the shipping option you want (there may only be a single option available).6: Select 'Update Total'
At this point if you have chosen to ship outside the EU all UK taxes will be removed and the total provided for shipping and goods to the country and location of your choice.
GoldenTyre Mousses - proven on the world's toughest events. The No1 choice for Extreme ...