Shipping and Delivery
Adventure-Spec supply expedition proven products to customers virtually ANYWHERE in the world. We shipped orders to 46 countries in 2010!
Please take a few minutes to read Adventure-Spec's policies on shipping:
1. All shipments from Adventure-Spec will require a signature for delivery (excluding single DVD's and very small items sent via RoyalMail). Parcels cannot be left 'in the shed' or 'behind the wheelie bin in the back yard'. If you do not expect to be in at the likely time of delivery please provide a suitable alternative delivery address and designate an authorised 3rd party to sign for your parcel. (Adventure-Spec reserve the right to refuse delivery to any address at our discretion, customers will be informed immediately if this occurs)
2. It is extremely important customers provide a phone number that they can easily be contacted on (mobile/cell ideally!). This phone number will be used by ourselves or the contracted courier to contact you in the event of any problems with the delivery. Most problems can be solved very quickly by a phonecall, but without a call parcels may be returned to depots or placed 'on-hold' until the recipient can be contacted by alternative slower means. Adventure-Spec cannot be held responsible for any delivery delays caused by incomplete customer contact details.
3. All shipping is charged based on the larger of the actual weight or the volumetric weight of your order. Some couriers charge by small increments of weight (DHL for instance, or TNT outside of Europe), whereas others charge by parcels of a maximum size of 30kg (TNT or Interlink Express/DPD in Europe). Different countries have different shipment options due to couriers operation areas. We do not allow collection of parcels by non-Adventure-Spec contracted couriers.
4. You can get a shipping quote for an order you are entering at any time by clicking 'Your Basket' and entering the country of delivery and a post/zip code in the 'Estimate Delivery' box at the bottom of the page. Everytime you add or remove an item from the basket you can update the shipping quote to see if you can save some cash by adding more items...
5. Adventure-Spec use DHL, DPD, Interlink Express, Royal Mail and TNT for deliveries. Only delivery options offered by the delivery estimator are available. Tracking details are provided for all carriers apart from non-tracked services from Royal Mail.
6. Orders shipped to addresses within the EU will be charged VAT. Therefore if the DELIVERY address on your order is in the EU you will be charged VAT unless you can provide a valid VAT number (all orders delivered in the UK will be charged VAT regardless of a valid VAT number). Adventure-Spec are not part of the VAT reclaiming scheme offered by some airport shops for tourists, so if you buy goods from us in the UK and then take them with you overseas you can not reclaim the VAT.
7. Orders shipped to addresses within the EU will incur no extra taxes at delivery. The price you pay at order is the total price.
8. Orders shipped to countries outside of the EU will not be charged VAT, BUT these orders are liable to incur import duties and taxes charged by the government of the destination country. These extra charges are the sole responsibility of the receiver and not Adventure-Spec. You can find out details of these charges by contacting the customs office of the destination country. Adventure-Spec will always provide accurate Commercial Invoices with shipments. Under no circumstances will Adventure-Spec declare a different value to the one charged to the customer on these Commercial Invoices. If you are concerned about these potential charges Adventure-Spec can supply the 'harmonized commodity codes' that will be used to describe the items you buy to local customs, this information will allow them to give you the duty rates charged on your goods. Should a customer refuse to sign for a delivery due to refusal to pay these charges and the goods are returned to Adventure-Spec, Adventure-Spec will reclaim all shipping and admin costs incurred from the customer before any refunds are considered. (it should be noted that import duties on 'motorcycle parts and accessories' tend to be relatively low, 3.7% to the UK, or 0% into the US for example. on a similar note orders of under $1000AUD into australia do not incur duties)
Adventure-Spec do not sell on shipping and packaging charges at a profit. Our rates are extremely competitive due to the very high numbers of shipments (particularly international) we make.