Kodiak Island off the coast of Alaska is wild and untamed. Getting there requires preparation and a willingness to encounter anything the wild Alaskan summers can throw at you. The Kodiak was designed to handle the 400 mile days, sketchy mountain passes, and constant passing storms that typically accompany an epic touring adventure. The refined aesthetic and fit of the Kodiak lend comfort and confidence to your next journey.
1 DESIGNED FOR TOURING RIDERS WHO WANT KLIM QUALITY WITH A REFINED FIT
2 WEATHERPROOF SHELL DESIGNED FOR LAYERING SYSTEM
3 EUROPEAN SIZING INCLUDING D SIZES (short/stocky fit)
• GORE-TEX®PRO SHELL
• PERFORATED LEATHER OVERLAYS ON SHOULDERS AND ELBOWS
• TONAL MUTED BRANDING
• YKK® ZIPPERS SAFETY
• D3O®CE LEVEL 2 ELBOW ARMOR (2)
• D3O® CE LEVEL 2 SHOULDER ARMOR (2)
• D3O® CE LEVEL 2 BACK PAD (1)
• SPACER MESH CHEST PROTECTION CARGO
• 2 EXTERNAL CHEST POCKETS
• 2 EXTERNAL HAND POCKETS
• 2 INTERNAL ZIPPERED POCKETS
• 2 INTERNAL OPEN STASH POCKETS
• 1 HIDDEN PASSPORT POCKET IN LINING
• 1 SPOT® POCKET ON CHEST
• 1 STAT CARD POCKET ON FOREARM
• 1 WATER RESISTANT NAPOLEON POCKET
• BLACK 3M™ SCOTCHLITE™ REFLECTIVE MATERIAL
• 2 CHEST VENTS
• 2 SIDE VENTS
• 2 BACK VENTS
• 2 BICEP VENTS
• 2 FOREARM VENTS
• SNAP BACK COLLAR FEATURE FIT/STYLE/COMFORT
• ACTION BACK
• INTERNAL KIDNEY BELT (REMOVABLE)
• ADJUSTABLE ARM CINCHES
• JACKET TO PANT CONNECTION
- Sizing Info
Questions on Klim Kodiak Jacket
- From VMi at 16/02/2017 16:22
1) What's the difference between Kodiak and Badland?
2) Have anybody of you personally tested Kodiak (or may be both)? What are the biggest drawbacks of this suit (advantages are well described by Klim)?
3) If you happened to try BMW Rallye 3 (which I'm using now), then what would you personal preference and why?
- Hi Vladimir
The main difference between Kodiak and Badlands is the fit. The Badlands was designed for serious dual sport use and its cut comes from offroad riding kit, so there is a lot more room in the legs and it is generally a bit baggier to allow great ease of movement. The Kodiak is designed for road riding and has a tighter more 'European' fit.
Also the materials differ in the wear areas, Kodiak has leather and Badlands Super Fabric
We have not got to use the Kodiak yet as they just arrived and have almost all gone straight out.
I have not used a BMW Rally 3, but the big difference is that the Kodiak and Badlands are Gore-Tex Proshell which means there are no seperate liners for waterproofing. The waterproof membrane is laminated to the outershell and there are very large (waterproof zipper) vents that allow the airflow in warm weather.
I think you need to try these in the flesh to really appreciate the difference over the BMW product
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Stu at 04/04/2017 16:15
Ask Your Own Question
- From VMi at 16/02/2017 16:22
- Good jacket very expensive Review by nigmar
Write Your Own Review
- Video Reviews
Make a video review of this product and get a £20 voucher to spend in our shop!
If you make a video review of this product and it's good enough for us to publish here we will give you a £20 voucher to spend in our shop.
Upload your video
Adventure-Spec supply expedition proven products to customers virtually ANYWHERE in the world. We shipped orders to over 80 countries last year!
1. Put the item into your shopping basket using the 'add to basket' symbol.
2. Select 'View cart & Checkout'
Once you do that you will see the price of the your items shipped to the UK including UK taxes BUT :
3. Scroll down the page and add your country and postcode/zipcode to the 'Estimate Delivery Cost' system.
4. Select 'Get a quote'
5. Select the shipping option you want (there may only be a single option available).
6. Select 'Update Total'
At this point if you have chosen to ship outside the EU all UK taxes will be removed and the total provided for shipping and goods to the country and location of your choice.