As low as: £24.00
Price as configured: £0.00
Availability: In stock
* Virtually indestructible
* Outstanding visibility
* Easy to fold or remove
* Position Anywhere
* Protect your controls
* Requires attachments to fit to your bike!
Scroll down or click here to select your product options.
The only mirror
you will ever need...
Easy to fold or remove
Protect your controls
"This mirror is the product of much frustration- I spent years breaking other designs and wondering what was going on behind me on the road.
Last fall, when I dropped my bike and found myself buying two(!) new master cylinders as a result, and I decided it was time to make a really good mirror, one that would function well as a mirror, and also protect the bike (and me) from damage.
I had three goals for my design:
1. That it work as well as an OEM mirror for seeing what was going on behind
2. That it could fold completely out of the way, safe from giving or receiving damage when offroad and,
3. That it be tough.
Ideally, it would even have some ability to give in a crash and prevent damage not only to the mirror, but also to the bike.
Many experiments later, the mirror for sale here is the result. The benefits of this system are many, but let me expound on a few.
First, because there are two ball joints, you have the ability to position it exactly where you want it, both when extended for viewing, and also when folded away.
On most bikes, you can fold it perfectly along the handlebars, out of the way of any conceivable crash, and without blocking the view of the speedometer or GPS.
Second, because there is adjustable tension, it is easy to position it and then lock it in place.
The system uses RAM-Mount components, which are well known for their durability and effectiveness.
Third, the joints are stiff enough to hold the mirror at triple digit speeds, but will move if they are struck, which protects you from injury and your bike from damage.
I'm sure it is possible to break the mirror, but I haven't succeeded yet and I've tried pretty hard, going so far as to race an enduro with the mirror in place.
The body is made from 43% glass filled Zytel, which is really tough stuff.
* Easy to remove the mirror entirely- just loosen the RAM arm, and remove it along with the mirror.
* Convex lens- we used SAE spec convex glass that provides a nicer field of view than a flat piece would, while retaining the ability to focus on details.
* Universal fit- You can easily swap the mirrors between bikes.
*Can be positioned further out than a stock mirror, resulting in seeing more of what is behind you and less of your elbow.
The product meets each of the goals I started out with, and after thousands of miles of testing, has proven to be exactly what I was looking for all those years!" , Ned Suesse
NOTE: The pre-defined options below are for 1 mirror (ie. 1 mirror, 1 RAM arm and 1 RAM ball) - for a pair enter "2" in the Qty box at the bottom next to the "Add to Basket" icon
The 'Extras' are parts that may be for specific bikes. For example if you own a BMW F800GS or R1200GS you would unselect the 'RAM Ball with M10 x 1.25 pitch" and add the "RAM Ball with M10 x 1.5 pitch" instead.
Questions on Double Take Mirror
- From Rob at 23/05/2016 09:06
- Hi there,
I have a KTM Enduro 690 16 and would life to fit a full mirror kit. Would I need just the RAM ball mount alone, or the horizontal split mount as well?
Thanks in advance
- The Ram ball should screw directly into your OEM mirror mount socket to allow you to replace the factory mirror with a Double Take Mirror system. You'd only need the split mount if you wanted to add extra mirrors.
Hope that helps.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- Hi there,
Ask Your Own Question
- From Rob at 23/05/2016 09:06
- excellently designed mirror. Review by d.j.n
- Highly recommended Review by Kevin
Write Your Own Review
- Video Reviews
Make a video review of this product and get a £20 voucher to spend in our shop!
If you make a video review of this product and it's good enough for us to publish here we will give you a £20 voucher to spend in our shop.
Upload your video
Adventure-Spec supply expedition proven products to customers virtually ANYWHERE in the world. We shipped orders to over 80 countries last year!
1. Put the item into your shopping basket using the 'add to basket' symbol.
2. Select 'View cart & Checkout'
Once you do that you will see the price of the your items shipped to the UK including UK taxes BUT :
3. Scroll down the page and add your country and postcode/zipcode to the 'Estimate Delivery Cost' system.
4. Select 'Get a quote'
5. Select the shipping option you want (there may only be a single option available).
6. Select 'Update Total'
At this point if you have chosen to ship outside the EU all UK taxes will be removed and the total provided for shipping and goods to the country and location of your choice.